Anish advises and acts for companies and individuals in a range of commercial matters and disputes, particularly regarding business, contracts and property. He is an enthusiastic and dedicated lawyer, with a knack for clear communication. Anish likes to get to know his clients, understand their broader business needs and produce positive results.
- Acted for a judgment debtor in an application to set aside a Bankruptcy Notice based on a foreign judgment worth approximately AUD $9 million, and conceived the single successful ground to set the Bankruptcy Notice aside (Jagatramka v Coeclerici Asia (Pte) Limited (No 2)  FCCA 2743).
- Acted for an international coal mining company and its director in proceedings brought in the Federal Court of Australia to enforce an award made in England.
- Acted for a major shareholder and director with an interest in a family group of companies which owns a substantial property portfolio.
- Acted for an Owners Corporation against Council in the Supreme Court of New South Wales for damages arising from a breach of Council’s duty to ensure that a mixed-used development was compliant with the Fire Safety Standards of the Building Code of Australia, and was then able to favourably settle the dispute.
- Acted for a real-estate agency in relation to the Estate Agents Act 1980 (Vic) commission provisions.
- Acted for several property developers in applications to remove hostile caveats in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Acted for businesses in various industries and construction companies in debt recovery matters and contractual disputes.
Areas of expertise
- Business and Contractual disputes
- Property disputes
- Building and Constructions disputes
- Debt recovery
- Corporate and personal insolvency
From our Knowledge Base
Jonathan Kenny was interviewed by Nine News on the legals around the use of drones in public places. An interesting story with Jonathan coming in at 1:22. https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1148870168585494529 ...
We wish to update you on our exciting news! Kalus Kenny Intelex is moving to 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank. We will be the same firm but, after more than 25 years at the Como Centre in South Yarra, we are truly excited for our future in the transformed Southbank...
The State Taxation Acts Amendment Bill 2019 accelerated through Parliament last week has caused anxiety amongst stakeholders in the Real Estate Industry. This imminent change to stamp duty law levies duty on Development (and perhaps other) Agreements between owners of...