Claire has broad experience in commercial and residential property gained both locally and overseas. In the large format retail space Claire has acted for landlords and tenants, with a particular focus on supermarket retailing. From advising on large-scale property development agreements across greater Melbourne to assisting inner city office tenants, Claire assists landlords, tenants and property developers across a range of property projects.
- A development agreement for the proposed sale and residential development of a large parcel of land on the outskirts of Melbourne;
- The acquisition of various large off-the-plan sites across Victoria for development by a major supermarket retailer;
- Agreements for lease and leases in various Australian states for retail outlets of a listed auto parts supplier;
- A complex long-term option for the sale of a large parcel of land in Melton;
- Negotiating the purchase and subsequent development and re-sale of industrial land in Altona as a four-lot subdivision.
Areas of expertise
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Development agreements
- Retail and commercial leasing
- Negotiating and drafting incentive deeds and license agreements
- Legal due diligence
Articles by Claire Carrucan
From our Knowledge Base
The State Taxation Acts Amendment Bill 2019 accelerated through Parliament last week has caused anxiety amongst stakeholders in the Real Estate Industry. This imminent change to stamp duty law levies duty on Development (and perhaps other) Agreements between owners of...
The full bench of the High Court of Australia considered an appeal to a point of law on Tuesday 14 May 2019 in Canberra. In the matter of Mann & Anor v. Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd – Case M197/2018, the High Court of Australia has considered a builder’s claim...
Phones, tablets and laptop computers have changed the way we live. Our mobile devices allow us to do almost anything ‘on the go’ – from online banking and working remotely – to online shopping and ordering the (occasional!) Uber eats delivery. Have you ever thought...