Claire has broad experience in commercial and residential property gained both locally and overseas. In the large format retail space Claire has acted for landlords and tenants, with a particular focus on supermarket retailing. From advising on large-scale property development agreements across greater Melbourne to assisting inner city office tenants, Claire assists landlords, tenants and property developers across a range of property projects.
- A development agreement for the proposed sale and residential development of a large parcel of land on the outskirts of Melbourne;
- The acquisition of various large off-the-plan sites across Victoria for development by a major supermarket retailer;
- Agreements for lease and leases in various Australian states for retail outlets of a listed auto parts supplier;
- A complex long-term option for the sale of a large parcel of land in Melton;
- Negotiating the purchase and subsequent development and re-sale of industrial land in Altona as a four-lot subdivision.
Areas of expertise
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Development agreements
- Retail and commercial leasing
- Negotiating and drafting incentive deeds and license agreements
- Legal due diligence
Articles by Claire Carrucan
From our Knowledge Base
The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) has recently introduced its new online business service WIPO PROOF, which provides businesses with a reliable way to record the existence of their digital files at a given moment in time. All businesses, whether big...
Every estate planning conversation includes a discussion about Testamentary Trusts. They can assist with asset protection and management, and taxation efficiency. However, recent legislative changes in this space means Testamentary Trusts don’t have all of the same...
Businesses are relying more and more on the power of social media to promote their products, services and brands. The goal of any marketing driven social media post is to generate as many “likes”, “shares” and comments as possible, in order to rank highly on the...