Denise’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial matters including joint venture and shareholder agreements, complex structuring advice, finance and general commercial contracts.
Denise acts for a range of clients, predominantly privately held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Denise brings a highly technical and commercial approach to each matter and as a result has been instrumental in helping clients to establish, grow, protect and sell their businesses.
- Acted for an IT company in respect of its sale of assets worth over $10M including managing the due diligence process, contract preparation and negotiation and eventual settlement
- Acted for a well-known Food Manufacturer in respect of the sale of their entire operation worth over $14M
- Acted for a high net worth individual in respect of an acquisition of an interest in a motor dealership
- Acted for a Mezzanine Financier in respect of a large property development
Areas of expertise
- Unitholder and shareholder agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Corporate restructures
- Consumer contracts
- Corporate governance
- Structured finance
- Personal Property Securities Act
Articles by Denise Wightman
From our Knowledge Base
When the HomeBuilder grant was announced on 4 June 2020, there was disappointment across the off-the-plan residential market as it seemed unlikely (if not impossible) that the HomeBuilder grant would be workable for off-the-plan sales. However, by clarifying the finer...
A general misconception is that if you are a Beneficiary of a Trust, you automatically have a right to information about the Trust. However, this is not always the case. The historical approach – a proprietary right If we think about the basics of Trust law, a...
Do you operate a motor vehicle dealership? Here's what you need to know about changes to the Franchising Code. Changes have been introduced to the Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Franchising) Regulation 2014 (Franchising Code) for motor vehicle dealers...