Denise’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial matters including joint venture and shareholder agreements, complex structuring advice, finance and general commercial contracts.
Denise acts for a range of clients, predominantly privately held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Denise brings a highly technical and commercial approach to each matter and as a result has been instrumental in helping clients to establish, grow, protect and sell their businesses.
- Acted for an IT company in respect of its sale of assets worth over $10M including managing the due diligence process, contract preparation and negotiation and eventual settlement
- Acted for a well-known Food Manufacturer in respect of the sale of their entire operation worth over $14M
- Acted for a high net worth individual in respect of an acquisition of an interest in a motor dealership
- Acted for a Mezzanine Financier in respect of a large property development
Areas of expertise
- Unitholder and shareholder agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Corporate restructures
- Consumer contracts
- Corporate governance
- Structured finance
- Personal Property Securities Act
Articles by Denise Wightman
From our Knowledge Base
Recent reforms to the Owners Corporations Act 2006 (“Act”), now offer some protection to residents and occupants of lots affected by an owners corporation where a lot is used for short-stay accommodation arrangements. The legislative provisions which came into effect...
Often when we think about warranties, the focus is on the purchase of goods, such as personal items and household appliances. However, if you’re in the business of providing services, as of June this year, you will need to include additional wording in your warranty...
We are acting for a builder that succeeded in making a claim for reasonable value of work done. The point of law is to be considered by the High Court later this year and has implications for all in the building and construction industry. The current state of the law...