Denise’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial matters including joint venture and shareholder agreements, complex structuring advice, finance and general commercial contracts.
Denise acts for a range of clients, predominantly privately held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Denise brings a highly technical and commercial approach to each matter and as a result has been instrumental in helping clients to establish, grow, protect and sell their businesses.
- Acted for an IT company in respect of its sale of assets worth over $10M including managing the due diligence process, contract preparation and negotiation and eventual settlement
- Acted for a well-known Food Manufacturer in respect of the sale of their entire operation worth over $14M
- Acted for a high net worth individual in respect of an acquisition of an interest in a motor dealership
- Acted for a Mezzanine Financier in respect of a large property development
Areas of expertise
- Unitholder and shareholder agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Corporate restructures
- Consumer contracts
- Corporate governance
- Structured finance
- Personal Property Securities Act
Articles by Denise Wightman
From our Knowledge Base
Is your lease being unfairly terminated? There is protection available. The equitable remedy of ‘relief against forfeiture’ protects tenants from landlords unfairly terminating leases and evicting them. What is forfeiture? Forfeiture is the act of a landlord...
Confidentiality and control of information is important in business. Valuable and sensitive information, such as specialised know-how, trade secrets and client, supplier or employee data give each business their own unique formula for success. . Generic or...
Are you building? Make sure you budget for Protection Works. Under the Building Act 1993 (Vic) you are obligated to protect your neighbours’ properties from damage that could occur from building work on your property. Such “Protection Work” includes the underpinning...