Denise’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial matters including joint venture and shareholder agreements, complex structuring advice, finance and general commercial contracts.
Denise acts for a range of clients, predominantly privately held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Denise brings a highly technical and commercial approach to each matter and as a result has been instrumental in helping clients to establish, grow, protect and sell their businesses.
- Acted for an IT company in respect of its sale of assets worth over $10M including managing the due diligence process, contract preparation and negotiation and eventual settlement
- Acted for a well-known Food Manufacturer in respect of the sale of their entire operation worth over $14M
- Acted for a high net worth individual in respect of an acquisition of an interest in a motor dealership
- Acted for a Mezzanine Financier in respect of a large property development
Areas of expertise
- Unitholder and shareholder agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Corporate restructures
- Consumer contracts
- Corporate governance
- Structured finance
- Personal Property Securities Act
Articles by Denise Wightman
From our Knowledge Base
Despite the impact that Covid-19 is having on many Australian and international businesses, there are many foreign owned or controlled companies who continue to explore investment opportunities in Australia. There have been some significant changes to Australia’s...
It can be difficult to know where to start when it comes to implementing an effective estate plan that reflects your wishes and protects the interests of your loved ones. It is important that you get it right and in order to help you do so, we’ve outlined below 5...
The challenges of 2020 have been experienced by us all – as individuals, as businesses and as a community. We did not face the same challenges, but it would be difficult to find anyone who was not impacted by the events of this year. For businesses, the strain of...