Diane is a highly experienced specialist property lawyer having practised in New Zealand and Australia for over 17 years.
As a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Property Law Specialist, she provides clients with enormous value and insight into complex property matters.
In recognition of her expertise, Diane has educated property lawyers as part of the Continuing Professional Development programs held by Leo Cussen Centre for Law and Legalwise.
- Sale of 383 King Street, West Melbourne.
- Acquisition of one of Victoria’s largest rural properties ‘Banongill Station’.
- Sale of St Kilda Road, Prahran and Burwood Highway sites for a leading national not-for-profit organisation.
- Acquisition of multiple off-the-plan residential units in Brighton for an aged care operator.
- Sale of prominent Victoria Street and Drummond Street sites for a major Victorian not-for-profit organisation.
Areas of expertise
- Acting for major developer clients in relation to subdivisions, house and land packages, broad acre subdivisions, sales of vacant residential land, medium density and commercial sites
- Off-the-plan contracts, developer agreements, co-ownership agreements, put and call option deeds, resale deeds and section 173 agreements
- Disposal and acquisition of residential, commercial and industrial sites
- Acting for landlords, tenants and councils in relation to all aspects of leasing, including retail commercial and Crown land premises
- Sales of retirement villages and sales of Crown land
- Owners Corporation matters
Articles by Diane Ridgway
From our Knowledge Base
Is your lease being unfairly terminated? There is protection available. The equitable remedy of ‘relief against forfeiture’ protects tenants from landlords unfairly terminating leases and evicting them. What is forfeiture? Forfeiture is the act of a landlord...
Confidentiality and control of information is important in business. Valuable and sensitive information, such as specialised know-how, trade secrets and client, supplier or employee data give each business their own unique formula for success. . Generic or...
Are you building? Make sure you budget for Protection Works. Under the Building Act 1993 (Vic) you are obligated to protect your neighbours’ properties from damage that could occur from building work on your property. Such “Protection Work” includes the underpinning...