Heather is a highly skilled and commercially focused lawyer with experience in a variety of complex commercial disputes, employment law, negotiation and dispute resolution.
Heather advises clients from a range of industries including FMCG, real estate, accounting, franchising, information technology, fashion and design, transport and logistics and motor dealers on a range of commercial dispute and employment related questions.
- Acted for a food manufacturer in a dispute relating to breach of contract regarding food processing equipment in a Supreme Court dispute.
- Frequently acts for employers in relation to protection of confidential information and restraint of trade.
- Acted for a shareholder in a shareholder’s oppression claim in the Supreme Court.
Areas of expertise
- Employment contracts and workplace policies
- Post-employment restraints and protection of confidential information
- Performance management and disciplinary procedures
- Engagement and termination of employees and independent contractors
- Employment issues arising in business restructuring and transfer of business
- Redundancy advice
- Representation in the Fair Work Commission and Courts
Commercial dispute resolution and litigation
- Intellectual property
- Complex contractual disputes
- Restraint of trade
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Shareholder disputes
- Corporations law
Articles by Heather Richardson
From our Knowledge Base
Media Release - 5th August 2019 Leading Melbourne property and commercial law advisory firm, Kalus Kenny Intelex, will make the strategic move to 4 Riverside Quay Southbank in this revitalised and transformed Southbank precinct....
Jonathan Kenny was interviewed by Nine News on the legals around the use of drones in public places. An interesting story with Jonathan coming in at 1:22. https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1148870168585494529 ...
We wish to update you on our exciting news! Kalus Kenny Intelex is moving to 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank. We will be the same firm but, after more than 25 years at the Como Centre in South Yarra, we are truly excited for our future in the transformed Southbank...