Heather is a highly skilled and commercially focused lawyer with experience in a variety of complex commercial disputes, employment law, negotiation and dispute resolution.
Heather advises clients from a range of industries including FMCG, real estate, accounting, franchising, information technology, fashion and design, transport and logistics and motor dealers on a range of commercial dispute and employment related questions.
- Acted for a food manufacturer in a dispute relating to breach of contract regarding food processing equipment in a Supreme Court dispute.
- Frequently acts for employers in relation to protection of confidential information and restraint of trade.
- Acted for a shareholder in a shareholder’s oppression claim in the Supreme Court.
Areas of expertise
- Employment contracts and workplace policies
- Post-employment restraints and protection of confidential information
- Performance management and disciplinary procedures
- Engagement and termination of employees and independent contractors
- Employment issues arising in business restructuring and transfer of business
- Redundancy advice
- Representation in the Fair Work Commission and Courts
Commercial dispute resolution and litigation
- Intellectual property
- Complex contractual disputes
- Restraint of trade
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Shareholder disputes
- Corporations law
Articles by Heather Richardson
From our Knowledge Base
The Fair Work Commission has introduced a new “model casual conversion clause” to 85 modern awards that grants eligible, casual employees the right to request that their employment be converted to full or part-time employment. Employers must provide a copy of the...
Are you a landlord? With more than 130 changes made to the laws surrounding residential tenancies, you will be impacted. From pets and rent increases, to picture hooks and inspections, know where you stand. The reforms to the Residential Tenancy Act will be...
Are your PPSR registrations about to expire? Find out before 30 January 2019! On 30 January 2019, the Personal Properties Securities Register (PPSR) will have been in operation for 7 years. The PPSR provides a platform for businesses and individuals to register their...