Heather is a highly skilled and commercially focused lawyer with experience in a variety of complex commercial disputes, employment law, negotiation and dispute resolution.
Heather advises clients from a range of industries including FMCG, real estate, accounting, franchising, information technology, fashion and design, transport and logistics and motor dealers on a range of commercial dispute and employment related questions.
- Acted for a food manufacturer in a dispute relating to breach of contract regarding food processing equipment in a Supreme Court dispute.
- Frequently acts for employers in relation to protection of confidential information and restraint of trade.
- Acted for a shareholder in a shareholder’s oppression claim in the Supreme Court.
Areas of expertise
- Employment contracts and workplace policies
- Post-employment restraints and protection of confidential information
- Performance management and disciplinary procedures
- Engagement and termination of employees and independent contractors
- Employment issues arising in business restructuring and transfer of business
- Redundancy advice
- Representation in the Fair Work Commission and Courts
Commercial dispute resolution and litigation
- Intellectual property
- Complex contractual disputes
- Restraint of trade
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Shareholder disputes
- Corporations law
Articles by Heather Richardson
From our Knowledge Base
Well done to the Government for jumping on this major economic pressure point, and at least attempting to alleviate the high levels of anxiety experienced by both Landlords and Tenants amidst the Covid-19 pandemic. The Government has attempted to achieve this by a...
Despite the need for social distancing, property transactions continue to run smoothly thanks to electronic signatures. With the continual advancement of technology within our firm and in the legal industry comes the ability to electronically sign documents, including...
In an effort to inject a little laughter into peoples’ lives, at a time when we all know it is well and truly needed, Australia’s resident funny-man is asking, and we quote - “Is there Zoom for one more?” Last week, Hamish Blake put the call out for people to secretly...