Henry Kalus founded Kalus Kenny with Jonathan Kenny in October 1993 and is proud of the firm’s standing as a major contributor to Melbourne’s Property Industry.
Growth has been a bi-product of the firm’s commitment to quality, integrity and genuine care for clients and staff.
Henry is fiercely protective of, and promotes the interests of his clients.
As leader of the firms Property practice, Henry is respected as one of Australia’s most experienced, innovative and capable Commercial Property Lawyers. He is proud to be a trusted advisor of many of Melbourne’s most successful developers, entrepreneurs and business people and has played a meaningful role in some of Melbourne’s most high profile and complex transactions, a number of which have broken financial records.
Henry is passionate about what the firm stands for, its values, and the importance of its reputation for absolute excellence.
- Redevelopment of the Amcor Paper Mill, Alphington by Glenvill.
- Numerous high density projects in the Forest Hill precinct of South Yarra by Michael L Yates & Co, and Fridcorp Pty Ltd.
- Staged development of medium density residential, commercial and retail at Mason Point, South Morang by Gibroc Corporation Pty Ltd.
- Re-development of the Phillip Morris site, Moorabbin.
Areas of expertise
- Acting in major property transactions, including acquisition and sale of shopping centres, commercial office buildings, industrial properties, development sites and large landholdings
- Off-the-plan projects
- Owners Corporation issues
- Stamp duty, GST and other tax issues
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing for both landlords and tenants
- Land subdivisions
- Preparation and review of agreements for Aged Care operators, managers and residents
- Residential and commercial conveyancing
- Structured Finance
- Joint Ventures and Syndication
Articles by Henry Kalus
From our Knowledge Base
Jonathan Kenny was interviewed by Nine News on the legals around the use of drones in public places. An interesting story with Jonathan coming in at 1:22. https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1148870168585494529 ...
We wish to update you on our exciting news! Kalus Kenny Intelex is moving to 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank. We will be the same firm but, after more than 25 years at the Como Centre in South Yarra, we are truly excited for our future in the transformed Southbank...
The State Taxation Acts Amendment Bill 2019 accelerated through Parliament last week has caused anxiety amongst stakeholders in the Real Estate Industry. This imminent change to stamp duty law levies duty on Development (and perhaps other) Agreements between owners of...