Many of Melbourne’s most significant property industry players acknowledge that Henry’s long-term engagement in and observations of the property market bring insights and understanding few others can match.
But Henry is much more than a Property Lawyer. Henry is a trusted advisor to many of Melbourne’s most talented and successful business people, entrepreneurs, developers, lenders and investors.
He has played a meaningful role in some of the city’s most high profile and complex transactions and some of Melbourne’s most ambitious projects.
Working across a range of disciplines and industries Henry is a thought leader, problem solver and go-to person who brings his creativity, intuition, integrity and legal and commercial experience to all manner of entrepreneurial activities. And the more complex the better. Whether in the nature of property, business, investment, or succession Henry is all about understanding his clients, and their appetite for risk, in order to structure their affairs to maximise the upside and minimise the downside.
Henry is fiercely protective of his staff and his clients, and of the values on which the firm has been built. Above all Henry cares deeply about the people in his life, and works tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcomes for them. And he cherishes his relationships.
Most satisfying to Henry is seeing the firm’s growth built on the values and culture which Henry has espoused from the very beginning.
“From day one, we built this firm on strong values, on our own definition of success, which has always been qualitative, rather than quantitative. We are a people first firm. We exist to have a positive impact on people, to help our staff and clients lead the lives they want. Accomplishing that on a broad scale has been our greatest achievement”.
- Redevelopment of the Amcor Paper Mill, Alphington by Glenvill.
- Numerous high density projects in the Forest Hill precinct of South Yarra by Michael L Yates & Co, and Fridcorp Pty Ltd.
- Staged development of medium density residential, commercial and retail at Mason Point, South Morang by Gibroc Corporation Pty Ltd.
- Re-development of the Phillip Morris site, Moorabbin.
Areas of expertise
- Acting in major property transactions and projects, including mixed-use urban redevelopments, high density residential and commercial developments, acquisition and sale of shopping centres, commercial office buildings, industrial, commercial and residential developments
- Off-the-plan projects
- Structured finance
- Joint ventures and syndication
- Stamp duty and GST
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing
- Land subdivisions
- Business and corporate investment, financing, acquisition and divestment
- Complex business negotiations
- Estate and succession planning
- Transaction risk management
Articles by Henry Kalus
From our Knowledge Base
The recent widespread fallout between sponsors and sporting codes is forcing a rethink of how events, such as a global pandemic and government intervention, are dealt with in future commercial contracts. According to Australian sports law firm, Kalus Kenny Intelex...
This weekend will see a new king of the mountain crowned as the winner of the coveted Bathurst 1000. However, this year will be different. It will be done without the normal crowds due to the impacts of COVID-19, the race will be the final event in the shortened...
Franchise Agreements are governed by both the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) and a mandatory prescribed industry code called the Franchising Code of Conduct (Code), which is enforced by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). The ACCC recently...