Jen is a talented and enthusiastic litigation lawyer, who is passionate about her clients and their cases.
Jen determines the most effective litigation strategy for her clients, and often finds ways to resolve disputes before they get to court.
As well as general contractual disputes, Jen specialises in large and complex commercial matters having a particular interest in disputes between business owners/ shareholders, and insolvency disputes.
- Acted for a major shareholder and director with an interest in a family group of companies which owns a substantial property portfolio.
- Acted for a developer in a complex contractual dispute with a non-retail lender.
- Represented prospective purchasers in a Court of Appeal proceeding regarding the interpretation of the “cooling off” provisions under the Sale of Land Act.
- Peter Vogel Instruments Pty Ltd v Fairlight.Au Pty Ltd  FCAFC 172 (9 December 2016)
- Lo v Russell  VSCA 323 (16 December 2016)
- Balanced Securities Limited v Dumayne Property Group Pty Ltd  VSCA 61 (23 March 2017)
Areas of expertise
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Complex contractual disputes
- Shareholder, partnership and family business disputes
- Property disputes
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
From our Knowledge Base
Jonathan Kenny was interviewed by Nine News on the legals around the use of drones in public places. An interesting story with Jonathan coming in at 1:22. https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1148870168585494529 ...
We wish to update you on our exciting news! Kalus Kenny Intelex is moving to 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank. We will be the same firm but, after more than 25 years at the Como Centre in South Yarra, we are truly excited for our future in the transformed Southbank...
The State Taxation Acts Amendment Bill 2019 accelerated through Parliament last week has caused anxiety amongst stakeholders in the Real Estate Industry. This imminent change to stamp duty law levies duty on Development (and perhaps other) Agreements between owners of...