Jen is a talented and enthusiastic litigation lawyer, who is passionate about her clients and their cases.
Jen determines the most effective litigation strategy for her clients, and often finds ways to resolve disputes before they get to court.
As well as general contractual disputes, Jen specialises in large and complex commercial matters having a particular interest in disputes between business owners/ shareholders, and insolvency disputes.
- Acted for a major shareholder and director with an interest in a family group of companies which owns a substantial property portfolio.
- Acted for a developer in a complex contractual dispute with a non-retail lender.
- Represented prospective purchasers in a Court of Appeal proceeding regarding the interpretation of the “cooling off” provisions under the Sale of Land Act.
- Peter Vogel Instruments Pty Ltd v Fairlight.Au Pty Ltd  FCAFC 172 (9 December 2016)
- Lo v Russell  VSCA 323 (16 December 2016)
- Balanced Securities Limited v Dumayne Property Group Pty Ltd  VSCA 61 (23 March 2017)
Areas of expertise
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Complex contractual disputes
- Shareholder, partnership and family business disputes
- Property disputes
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
Articles by Jennifer Rozea
From our Knowledge Base
Is your lease being unfairly terminated? There is protection available. The equitable remedy of ‘relief against forfeiture’ protects tenants from landlords unfairly terminating leases and evicting them. What is forfeiture? Forfeiture is the act of a landlord...
Confidentiality and control of information is important in business. Valuable and sensitive information, such as specialised know-how, trade secrets and client, supplier or employee data give each business their own unique formula for success. . Generic or...
Are you building? Make sure you budget for Protection Works. Under the Building Act 1993 (Vic) you are obligated to protect your neighbours’ properties from damage that could occur from building work on your property. Such “Protection Work” includes the underpinning...