For more than 30 years, Jonathan has built a reputation for managing complex and difficult disputes. A firm believer that a Court is not the only, and often not the best way to resolve a dispute, Jonathan works hard to understand what it is clients are seeking to achieve.
He provides advice not only on how to go about it, but also what the likelihood is of success.
- Against advice from 2 QC’s that the client would lose, Jonathan undertook a Supreme Court action himself and won, saving the client several million dollars.
- Successfully ran several cases all relating to the same family dispute involving companies and trusts, and was then able to favourably settle the dispute.
- Had a Supreme Court decision overturned and then won at re-trial where negligent engineering of a ship was claimed against our client.
- Ran, without counsel, a series of connected VCAT, Supreme Court and Magistrates Court disputes against a builder who claimed a joint venture over a development.
Areas of expertise
- Appearance as Counsel in all Courts for injunctions and trials
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Consumer Protection
- Debt Recovery
- Estate Disputes
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Misleading and Deceptive Conduct
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Risk Management
- Shareholder Disputes
- Property Disputes
Articles by Jonathan Kenny
From our Knowledge Base
Is your lease being unfairly terminated? There is protection available. The equitable remedy of ‘relief against forfeiture’ protects tenants from landlords unfairly terminating leases and evicting them. What is forfeiture? Forfeiture is the act of a landlord...
Confidentiality and control of information is important in business. Valuable and sensitive information, such as specialised know-how, trade secrets and client, supplier or employee data give each business their own unique formula for success. . Generic or...
Are you building? Make sure you budget for Protection Works. Under the Building Act 1993 (Vic) you are obligated to protect your neighbours’ properties from damage that could occur from building work on your property. Such “Protection Work” includes the underpinning...