For more than 30 years, Jonathan has built a reputation for managing complex and difficult disputes. A firm believer that a Court is not the only, and often not the best way to resolve a dispute, Jonathan works hard to understand what it is clients are seeking to achieve.
He provides advice not only on how to go about it, but also what the likelihood is of success.
- Against advice from 2 QC’s that the client would lose, Jonathan undertook a Supreme Court action himself and won, saving the client several million dollars.
- Successfully ran several cases all relating to the same family dispute involving companies and trusts, and was then able to favourably settle the dispute.
- Had a Supreme Court decision overturned and then won at re-trial where negligent engineering of a ship was claimed against our client.
- Ran, without counsel, a series of connected VCAT, Supreme Court and Magistrates Court disputes against a builder who claimed a joint venture over a development.
Areas of expertise
- Appearance as Counsel in all Courts for injunctions and trials
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Consumer Protection
- Debt Recovery
- Estate Disputes
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Misleading and Deceptive Conduct
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Risk Management
- Shareholder Disputes
- Property Disputes
From our Knowledge Base
The State Taxation Acts Amendment Bill 2019 accelerated through Parliament last week has caused anxiety amongst stakeholders in the Real Estate Industry. This imminent change to stamp duty law levies duty on Development (and perhaps other) Agreements between owners of...
The full bench of the High Court of Australia considered an appeal to a point of law on Tuesday 14 May 2019 in Canberra. In the matter of Mann & Anor v. Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd – Case M197/2018, the High Court of Australia has considered a builder’s claim...
Phones, tablets and laptop computers have changed the way we live. Our mobile devices allow us to do almost anything ‘on the go’ – from online banking and working remotely – to online shopping and ordering the (occasional!) Uber eats delivery. Have you ever thought...