For more than 30 years, Jonathan has built a reputation for managing complex and difficult disputes. A firm believer that a Court is not the only, and often not the best way to resolve a dispute, Jonathan works hard to understand what it is clients are seeking to achieve.
He provides advice not only on how to go about it, but also what the likelihood is of success.
- Against advice from 2 QC’s that the client would lose, Jonathan undertook a Supreme Court action himself and won, saving the client several million dollars.
- Successfully ran several cases all relating to the same family dispute involving companies and trusts, and was then able to favourably settle the dispute.
- Had a Supreme Court decision overturned and then won at re-trial where negligent engineering of a ship was claimed against our client.
- Ran, without counsel, a series of connected VCAT, Supreme Court and Magistrates Court disputes against a builder who claimed a joint venture over a development.
Areas of expertise
- Appearance as Counsel in all Courts for injunctions and trials
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Consumer Protection
- Debt Recovery
- Estate Disputes
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Misleading and Deceptive Conduct
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Risk Management
- Shareholder Disputes
- Property Disputes
Articles by Jonathan Kenny
From our Knowledge Base
Having acted for the builder in the case of Mann v Paterson Constructions, Jonathan Kenny and Peter Lettieri discuss the High Court of Australia udgment which has overturned 120 years of contract law and has ramifications for both builders and owners....
Media Release Leading property and commercial law advisory firm, Kalus Kenny Intelex (KKI), has provided comment around this week’s High Court judgment in Mann v. Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd. [Peter Mann & Anor v. Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd (2019) – HCA 32]...
Biometric data has been in the spotlight recently with the announcement by the Victorian government that it will upload drivers licence photos to a national database which will initially be used by agencies such as Victoria Police to identify duplicate IDs and fraud....