For more than 30 years, Jonathan has built a reputation for managing complex and difficult disputes. A firm believer that a Court is not the only, and often not the best way to resolve a dispute, Jonathan works hard to understand what it is clients are seeking to achieve.
He provides advice not only on how to go about it, but also what the likelihood is of success.
- Against advice from 2 QC’s that the client would lose, Jonathan undertook a Supreme Court action himself and won, saving the client several million dollars.
- Successfully ran several cases all relating to the same family dispute involving companies and trusts, and was then able to favourably settle the dispute.
- Had a Supreme Court decision overturned and then won at re-trial where negligent engineering of a ship was claimed against our client.
- Ran, without counsel, a series of connected VCAT, Supreme Court and Magistrates Court disputes against a builder who claimed a joint venture over a development.
Areas of expertise
- Appearance as Counsel in all Courts for injunctions and trials
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Consumer Protection
- Debt Recovery
- Estate Disputes
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Misleading and Deceptive Conduct
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Risk Management
- Shareholder Disputes
- Property Disputes
Articles by Jonathan Kenny
From our Knowledge Base
With government restrictions set to lift, it is important that employers consider and plan for the practical issues that may arise with a return to the workplace. Some matters that will require consideration before employees return include: 1. Does your workplace have...
Covid-19 has undoubtedly changed your business in ways that no one could have anticipated. With so much unprecedented change, it is understandable if you’re hoping that the easing restrictions will mean the start of the long road back to some form of ‘business as...
One of the most frequently asked questions by both tenants and landlords concerns the type of information which should be provided by a tenant as part of a request for rent relief. There has been much confusion and concern as to what information is reasonable and...