For more than 30 years, Jonathan has built a reputation for managing complex and difficult disputes. A firm believer that a Court is not the only, and often not the best way to resolve a dispute, Jonathan works hard to understand what it is clients are seeking to achieve.
He provides advice not only on how to go about it, but also what the likelihood is of success.
- Against advice from 2 QC’s that the client would lose, Jonathan undertook a Supreme Court action himself and won, saving the client several million dollars.
- Successfully ran several cases all relating to the same family dispute involving companies and trusts, and was then able to favourably settle the dispute.
- Had a Supreme Court decision overturned and then won at re-trial where negligent engineering of a ship was claimed against our client.
- Ran, without counsel, a series of connected VCAT, Supreme Court and Magistrates Court disputes against a builder who claimed a joint venture over a development.
Areas of expertise
- Appearance as Counsel in all Courts for injunctions and trials
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Consumer Protection
- Debt Recovery
- Estate Disputes
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Misleading and Deceptive Conduct
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Risk Management
- Shareholder Disputes
- Property Disputes
Articles by Jonathan Kenny
From our Knowledge Base
When the HomeBuilder grant was announced on 4 June 2020, there was disappointment across the off-the-plan residential market as it seemed unlikely (if not impossible) that the HomeBuilder grant would be workable for off-the-plan sales. However, by clarifying the finer...
A general misconception is that if you are a Beneficiary of a Trust, you automatically have a right to information about the Trust. However, this is not always the case. The historical approach – a proprietary right If we think about the basics of Trust law, a...
Do you operate a motor vehicle dealership? Here's what you need to know about changes to the Franchising Code. Changes have been introduced to the Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Franchising) Regulation 2014 (Franchising Code) for motor vehicle dealers...