Practising law for over 16 years, Malcolm has extensive experience and a wealth of knowledge in the legal industry. He has significant legal experience in Corporations Law, Intellectual Property, Corporate Restructuring, Trade Practices and Competition.
His skill set doesn’t end there. Malcolm has previously advised clients on their business and management matters, dealing mainly with financial management, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring.
- Acted for multinational client that purchased an entire Australian based auto parts manufacturing plant and moved it to Thailand for re-commissioning. Attended to cross border warranty claims and litigation with positive outcomes for the client.
- Advised and implemented a total trademark and design registration regime for a furniture manufacturing client that was suffering market distress as a result of Chinese copy imports. Subsequent enforcement proceedings against infringers saved the client’s business.
- Acted for client in patent dispute involving food sanitisers. Dealt with complex legal chemical arguments and arrived at a commercial outcome that favoured the client.
- Advised major manufacturer and reseller of consumer products. Won issues of compliance and assisted in dealing with the regulator on labelling and contents disclosure, thereby avoiding a major costly recall exercise.
Areas of expertise
- Intellectual Property – patents, trademarks and licensing
- Trade Practices and Corporations Law
- Commercial transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate governance
- Distribution and licencing advice
From our Knowledge Base
Is your lease being unfairly terminated? There is protection available. The equitable remedy of ‘relief against forfeiture’ protects tenants from landlords unfairly terminating leases and evicting them. What is forfeiture? Forfeiture is the act of a landlord...
Confidentiality and control of information is important in business. Valuable and sensitive information, such as specialised know-how, trade secrets and client, supplier or employee data give each business their own unique formula for success. . Generic or...
Are you building? Make sure you budget for Protection Works. Under the Building Act 1993 (Vic) you are obligated to protect your neighbours’ properties from damage that could occur from building work on your property. Such “Protection Work” includes the underpinning...