Practising law for over 16 years, Malcolm has extensive experience and a wealth of knowledge in the legal industry. He has significant legal experience in Corporations Law, Intellectual Property, Corporate Restructuring, Trade Practices and Competition.
His skill set doesn’t end there. Malcolm has previously advised clients on their business and management matters, dealing mainly with financial management, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring.
- Acted for multinational client that purchased an entire Australian based auto parts manufacturing plant and moved it to Thailand for re-commissioning. Attended to cross border warranty claims and litigation with positive outcomes for the client.
- Advised and implemented a total trademark and design registration regime for a furniture manufacturing client that was suffering market distress as a result of Chinese copy imports. Subsequent enforcement proceedings against infringers saved the client’s business.
- Acted for client in patent dispute involving food sanitisers. Dealt with complex legal chemical arguments and arrived at a commercial outcome that favoured the client.
- Advised major manufacturer and reseller of consumer products. Won issues of compliance and assisted in dealing with the regulator on labelling and contents disclosure, thereby avoiding a major costly recall exercise.
Areas of expertise
- Intellectual Property – patents, trademarks and licensing
- Trade Practices and Corporations Law
- Commercial transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate governance
- Distribution and licencing advice
From our Knowledge Base
Media Release - 5th August 2019 Leading Melbourne property and commercial law advisory firm, Kalus Kenny Intelex, will make the strategic move to 4 Riverside Quay Southbank in this revitalised and transformed Southbank precinct....
Jonathan Kenny was interviewed by Nine News on the legals around the use of drones in public places. An interesting story with Jonathan coming in at 1:22. https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1148870168585494529 ...
We wish to update you on our exciting news! Kalus Kenny Intelex is moving to 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank. We will be the same firm but, after more than 25 years at the Como Centre in South Yarra, we are truly excited for our future in the transformed Southbank...