Practising law for over 16 years, Malcolm has extensive experience and a wealth of knowledge in the legal industry. He has significant legal experience in Corporations Law, Intellectual Property, Corporate Restructuring, Trade Practices and Competition.
His skill set doesn’t end there. Malcolm has previously advised clients on their business and management matters, dealing mainly with financial management, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring.
- Acted for multinational client that purchased an entire Australian based auto parts manufacturing plant and moved it to Thailand for re-commissioning. Attended to cross border warranty claims and litigation with positive outcomes for the client.
- Advised and implemented a total trademark and design registration regime for a furniture manufacturing client that was suffering market distress as a result of Chinese copy imports. Subsequent enforcement proceedings against infringers saved the client’s business.
- Acted for client in patent dispute involving food sanitisers. Dealt with complex legal chemical arguments and arrived at a commercial outcome that favoured the client.
- Advised major manufacturer and reseller of consumer products. Won issues of compliance and assisted in dealing with the regulator on labelling and contents disclosure, thereby avoiding a major costly recall exercise.
Areas of expertise
- Intellectual Property – patents, trademarks and licensing
- Trade Practices and Corporations Law
- Commercial transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate governance
- Distribution and licencing advice
From our Knowledge Base
Media Release Leading property and commercial law advisory firm, Kalus Kenny Intelex (KKI), has provided comment around this week’s High Court judgment in Mann v. Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd. [Peter Mann & Anor v. Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd (2019) – HCA 32]...
Biometric data has been in the spotlight recently with the announcement by the Victorian government that it will upload drivers licence photos to a national database which will initially be used by agencies such as Victoria Police to identify duplicate IDs and fraud....
RU OK inspires and empowers people to meaningfully connect with the people around them, and start a conversation with anyone who may be struggling with life. RU OK? Day became RUOKWAY? as we checked in at Kafe Kway (yep, one of our staff members couldn't pronounce...