Practising law for over 16 years, Malcolm has extensive experience and a wealth of knowledge in the legal industry. He has significant legal experience in Corporations Law, Intellectual Property, Corporate Restructuring, Trade Practices and Competition.
His skill set doesn’t end there. Malcolm has previously advised clients on their business and management matters, dealing mainly with financial management, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring.
- Acted for multinational client that purchased an entire Australian based auto parts manufacturing plant and moved it to Thailand for re-commissioning. Attended to cross border warranty claims and litigation with positive outcomes for the client.
- Advised and implemented a total trademark and design registration regime for a furniture manufacturing client that was suffering market distress as a result of Chinese copy imports. Subsequent enforcement proceedings against infringers saved the client’s business.
- Acted for client in patent dispute involving food sanitisers. Dealt with complex legal chemical arguments and arrived at a commercial outcome that favoured the client.
- Advised major manufacturer and reseller of consumer products. Won issues of compliance and assisted in dealing with the regulator on labelling and contents disclosure, thereby avoiding a major costly recall exercise.
Areas of expertise
- Intellectual Property – patents, trademarks and licensing
- Trade Practices and Corporations Law
- Commercial transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate governance
- Distribution and licencing advice
From our Knowledge Base
With government restrictions set to lift, it is important that employers consider and plan for the practical issues that may arise with a return to the workplace. Some matters that will require consideration before employees return include: 1. Does your workplace have...
Covid-19 has undoubtedly changed your business in ways that no one could have anticipated. With so much unprecedented change, it is understandable if you’re hoping that the easing restrictions will mean the start of the long road back to some form of ‘business as...
One of the most frequently asked questions by both tenants and landlords concerns the type of information which should be provided by a tenant as part of a request for rent relief. There has been much confusion and concern as to what information is reasonable and...