Natalie has experience providing legal, commercial and strategic advice to a range of domestic and multinational corporations across a diverse range of industries. Natalie’s experience covers a broad scope of corporate and commercial matters including business and asset sales and acquisitions, company structuring, competition and consumer compliance, intellectual property, franchising and privacy.
- Reviewing proposed marketing campaigns for a client within the automotive industry, providing ongoing advice on Competition and Consumer Act compliance including consumer guarantees, component pricing and misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Advising on and achieving a successful outcome for a client in the consumer products industry in relation to a trade mark opposition.
- Providing assistance to clients within the retail and consumer products industry in relation to the changes to the Privacy Act, including updating Privacy Act compliance documentation and providing advice in relation to specific compliance obligations, including in relation to personal information of customers and employees and obligations under the Credit Reporting Code.
- Preparing suites of trading documentation, including terms and conditions of sale, supply and distribution agreements, licence agreements, warranty documentation and website terms and conditions of use.
Areas of expertise
- Competition and consumer law
- Business and asset sales and acquisitions
- Corporate structuring
- Intellectual property
- Commercial trading documentation
- Commercial disputes
- Personal Property Securities
Articles by Natalie Lasek
From our Knowledge Base
We are acting for a builder that succeeded in making a claim for reasonable value of work done. The point of law is to be considered by the High Court later this year and has implications for all in the building and construction industry. The current state of the law...
The Fair Work Commission has introduced a new “model casual conversion clause” to 85 modern awards that grants eligible, casual employees the right to request that their employment be converted to full or part-time employment. Employers must provide a copy of the...
Are you a landlord? With more than 130 changes made to the laws surrounding residential tenancies, you will be impacted. From pets and rent increases, to picture hooks and inspections, know where you stand. The reforms to the Residential Tenancy Act will be...