Natalie has experience providing legal, commercial and strategic advice to a range of domestic and multinational corporations across a diverse range of industries. Natalie’s experience covers a broad scope of corporate and commercial matters including business and asset sales and acquisitions, company structuring, competition and consumer compliance, intellectual property, franchising and privacy.
- Reviewing proposed marketing campaigns for a client within the automotive industry, providing ongoing advice on Competition and Consumer Act compliance including consumer guarantees, component pricing and misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Advising on and achieving a successful outcome for a client in the consumer products industry in relation to a trade mark opposition.
- Providing assistance to clients within the retail and consumer products industry in relation to the changes to the Privacy Act, including updating Privacy Act compliance documentation and providing advice in relation to specific compliance obligations, including in relation to personal information of customers and employees and obligations under the Credit Reporting Code.
- Preparing suites of trading documentation, including terms and conditions of sale, supply and distribution agreements, licence agreements, warranty documentation and website terms and conditions of use.
Areas of expertise
- Competition and consumer law
- Business and asset sales and acquisitions
- Corporate structuring
- Intellectual property
- Commercial trading documentation
- Commercial disputes
- Personal Property Securities
Articles by Natalie Lasek
From our Knowledge Base
Is your lease being unfairly terminated? There is protection available. The equitable remedy of ‘relief against forfeiture’ protects tenants from landlords unfairly terminating leases and evicting them. What is forfeiture? Forfeiture is the act of a landlord...
Confidentiality and control of information is important in business. Valuable and sensitive information, such as specialised know-how, trade secrets and client, supplier or employee data give each business their own unique formula for success. . Generic or...
Are you building? Make sure you budget for Protection Works. Under the Building Act 1993 (Vic) you are obligated to protect your neighbours’ properties from damage that could occur from building work on your property. Such “Protection Work” includes the underpinning...