Peter advises clients on a wide variety of commercial disputes, with a particular focus on building and construction disputes, shareholder disputes and contract disputes.
Peter has appeared and instructed counsel in a number of jurisdictions including the Supreme Court of Victoria and Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). His experience includes litigation at the appellate level.
He works closely with developers, builders (and other building professionals), directors and shareholders, as well as private clients from a range of industries to resolve their disputes through litigious and non-litigious means, including alternative dispute resolution processes and strategic negotiation.
- Acted for a national real-estate agency in the Victorian Court of Appeal in relation to the Estate Agents Act 1980 commission provisions and the doctrine of rectification.
- Acted for a beneficiary in a multi-million dollar family trust dispute.
- Acted for builders and developers in relation to payment claims and adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 regime.
Areas of expertise
- Building and construction disputes
- Complex contractual disputes
- Director and fiduciary duties
- Shareholder disputes and oppression actions
- Corporate insolvency
From our Knowledge Base
Media Release - 5th August 2019 Leading Melbourne property and commercial law advisory firm, Kalus Kenny Intelex, will make the strategic move to 4 Riverside Quay Southbank in this revitalised and transformed Southbank precinct....
Jonathan Kenny was interviewed by Nine News on the legals around the use of drones in public places. An interesting story with Jonathan coming in at 1:22. https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1148870168585494529 ...
We wish to update you on our exciting news! Kalus Kenny Intelex is moving to 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank. We will be the same firm but, after more than 25 years at the Como Centre in South Yarra, we are truly excited for our future in the transformed Southbank...