Peter advises clients on a wide variety of commercial disputes, with a particular focus on building and construction disputes, shareholder disputes and contract disputes.
Peter has appeared and instructed counsel in a number of jurisdictions including the Supreme Court of Victoria and Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). His experience includes litigation at the appellate level.
He works closely with developers, builders (and other building professionals), directors and shareholders, as well as private clients from a range of industries to resolve their disputes through litigious and non-litigious means, including alternative dispute resolution processes and strategic negotiation.
- Acted for a national real-estate agency in the Victorian Court of Appeal in relation to the Estate Agents Act 1980 commission provisions and the doctrine of rectification.
- Acted for a beneficiary in a multi-million dollar family trust dispute.
- Acted for builders and developers in relation to payment claims and adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 regime.
Areas of expertise
- Building and construction disputes
- Complex contractual disputes
- Director and fiduciary duties
- Shareholder disputes and oppression actions
- Corporate insolvency
Articles by Peter Lettieri
From our Knowledge Base
Well done to the Government for jumping on this major economic pressure point, and at least attempting to alleviate the high levels of anxiety experienced by both Landlords and Tenants amidst the Covid-19 pandemic. The Government has attempted to achieve this by a...
Despite the need for social distancing, property transactions continue to run smoothly thanks to electronic signatures. With the continual advancement of technology within our firm and in the legal industry comes the ability to electronically sign documents, including...
In an effort to inject a little laughter into peoples’ lives, at a time when we all know it is well and truly needed, Australia’s resident funny-man is asking, and we quote - “Is there Zoom for one more?” Last week, Hamish Blake put the call out for people to secretly...