Of all the things you need when faced with a legal or commercial situation, the first and foremost is a clear and accurate presentation of the facts and your position.
Sven has spent the past 30 years helping people build and protect their businesses. He manages and advises on how to achieve the best commercial outcome and avoid and resolve disputes, often as the lead negotiator on their significant business transactions.
Sven acts primarily as an advisor working for private businesses and their owners together with public and international companies.
- Recently advised to a successful outcome on a significant shareholder dispute involving over $650,000,000 in property and other assets, shareholder agreements, corporate structures, complex trusts, superannuation funds, funding agreements, valuation issues, taxation treatment of assets and the rights of third parties.
- Acted for, and successfully protected one of Australia’s largest automotive dealer groups against a local manufacturer in disputes involving franchising, trademark infringement copyright breaches and competition law.
- Successfully acted in a number of intellectual property disputes focussing on asset protection through the use of search orders, property freezing and injunctions.
- Advising on a major joint venture business matter. This included fraud, risk review, managing litigation to seize property, forensic investigations and asset recovery.
- Acting for Directors and companies in major ASIC and financial services investigations.
- Specialist Motorsport Advisor to a number of key motor racing teams, drivers and international manufacturers in the automotive, motorsport and related industry supply sector.
Areas of Expertise
- Major and complex commercial and property litigation and dispute resolution.
- Commercial law particularly risk identification and mitigation.
- Providing advice on complex business risk issues.
Articles by Sven Burchartz
From our Knowledge Base
Jonathan Kenny was interviewed by Nine News on the legals around the use of drones in public places. An interesting story with Jonathan coming in at 1:22. https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1148870168585494529 ...
We wish to update you on our exciting news! Kalus Kenny Intelex is moving to 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank. We will be the same firm but, after more than 25 years at the Como Centre in South Yarra, we are truly excited for our future in the transformed Southbank...
The State Taxation Acts Amendment Bill 2019 accelerated through Parliament last week has caused anxiety amongst stakeholders in the Real Estate Industry. This imminent change to stamp duty law levies duty on Development (and perhaps other) Agreements between owners of...