Navigating Commercial & Consumer Law
The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA) will likely apply to almost every trading business. The CCA governs many aspects of a trading business’ operations, from price setting, advertising and marketing claims, product packaging, dealings with competitors and product and service warranties.
Compliance with the CCA ultimately requires a holistic understanding of your obligations in relation to the way in which you interact with your customers and your competitors.
Our competition experience covers:
- Competition and anti-competitive behaviour
- Resale price maintenance
- Exclusive dealing
- Pyramid selling
- Restraints of trade
How can Kalus Kenny Intelex help?
Our consumer law experience covers advice and compliance training in respect of:
- Advertising and selling including reviewing product packaging and marketing campaigns
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Online reviews
- Packaging and labelling requirements
- Country and place of origin claims
- Pricing obligations including in respect of:
- Multiple pricing
- Requirements when offering discounts
- Price comparison advertising
- Bait advertising
- Consumer guarantees and drafting warranty documentation
- Product safety and facilitating national recalls
- Compliance reviews against mandatory standards
- Unfair contract terms
- Trade promotion lotteries
- Franchising and licensing
Our Commercial Law Team
From our Knowledge Base
Jonathan Kenny was interviewed by Nine News on the legals around the use of drones in public places. An interesting story with Jonathan coming in at 1:22. https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1148870168585494529 ...
We wish to update you on our exciting news! Kalus Kenny Intelex is moving to 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank. We will be the same firm but, after more than 25 years at the Como Centre in South Yarra, we are truly excited for our future in the transformed Southbank...
The State Taxation Acts Amendment Bill 2019 accelerated through Parliament last week has caused anxiety amongst stakeholders in the Real Estate Industry. This imminent change to stamp duty law levies duty on Development (and perhaps other) Agreements between owners of...