Navigating Commercial & Consumer Law
The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA) will likely apply to almost every trading business. The CCA governs many aspects of a trading business’ operations, from price setting, advertising and marketing claims, product packaging, dealings with competitors and product and service warranties.
Compliance with the CCA ultimately requires a holistic understanding of your obligations in relation to the way in which you interact with your customers and your competitors.
Our competition experience covers:
- Competition and anti-competitive behaviour
- Resale price maintenance
- Exclusive dealing
- Pyramid selling
- Restraints of trade
How can Kalus Kenny Intelex help?
Our consumer law experience covers advice and compliance training in respect of:
- Advertising and selling including reviewing product packaging and marketing campaigns
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Online reviews
- Packaging and labelling requirements
- Country and place of origin claims
- Pricing obligations including in respect of:
- Multiple pricing
- Requirements when offering discounts
- Price comparison advertising
- Bait advertising
- Consumer guarantees and drafting warranty documentation
- Product safety and facilitating national recalls
- Compliance reviews against mandatory standards
- Unfair contract terms
- Trade promotion lotteries
- Franchising and licensing
Our Commercial Law Team
From our Knowledge Base
The full bench of the High Court of Australia considered an appeal to a point of law on Tuesday 14 May 2019 in Canberra. In the matter of Mann & Anor v. Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd – Case M197/2018, the High Court of Australia has considered a builder’s claim...
Phones, tablets and laptop computers have changed the way we live. Our mobile devices allow us to do almost anything ‘on the go’ – from online banking and working remotely – to online shopping and ordering the (occasional!) Uber eats delivery. Have you ever thought...
Your ‘My Health Record’ is a summary of your health information that can be accessed online by your doctor and other healthcare providers. Did you know that you can decide which healthcare providers can access your My Health Record, as well as what each healthcare...