Navigating Commercial & Consumer Law
The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA) will likely apply to almost every trading business. The CCA governs many aspects of a trading business’ operations, from price setting, advertising and marketing claims, product packaging, dealings with competitors and product and service warranties.
Compliance with the CCA ultimately requires a holistic understanding of your obligations in relation to the way in which you interact with your customers and your competitors.
Our competition experience covers:
- Competition and anti-competitive behaviour
- Resale price maintenance
- Exclusive dealing
- Pyramid selling
- Restraints of trade
How can Kalus Kenny Intelex help?
Our consumer law experience covers advice and compliance training in respect of:
- Advertising and selling including reviewing product packaging and marketing campaigns
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Online reviews
- Packaging and labelling requirements
- Country and place of origin claims
- Pricing obligations including in respect of:
- Multiple pricing
- Requirements when offering discounts
- Price comparison advertising
- Bait advertising
- Consumer guarantees and drafting warranty documentation
- Product safety and facilitating national recalls
- Compliance reviews against mandatory standards
- Unfair contract terms
- Trade promotion lotteries
- Franchising and licensing
Our Commercial Law Team
From our Knowledge Base
Temporary Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COVID-19 Incident Notification) Regulations 2020
As at 28 July 2020, employers are required to notify WorkSafe of any confirmed COVID-19 cases within their workplace. They must do so within 48 hours of becoming aware of a confirmed diagnosis. These requirements are set out in the new Temporary Occupational Health...
What was initially unclear, has now been confirmed. The Victorian Government has now clarified that pre-settlement property inspections are permitted if a contract had been signed at the start of the ‘stay at home period’ (being 11:59pm on 5 August 2020). Any such...
Following on from Lisa Fowler's ‘Hope for HomeBuilder’ article published earlier this week, the Commissioner of State Revenue has just announced that in Victoria a blanket extension of 3 months will be applied to the ‘commencement of construction’ HomeBuilder Grant...