Navigating Commercial & Consumer Law
The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA) will likely apply to almost every trading business. The CCA governs many aspects of a trading business’ operations, from price setting, advertising and marketing claims, product packaging, dealings with competitors and product and service warranties.
Compliance with the CCA ultimately requires a holistic understanding of your obligations in relation to the way in which you interact with your customers and your competitors.
Our competition experience covers:
- Competition and anti-competitive behaviour
- Resale price maintenance
- Exclusive dealing
- Pyramid selling
- Restraints of trade
How can Kalus Kenny Intelex help?
Our consumer law experience covers advice and compliance training in respect of:
- Advertising and selling including reviewing product packaging and marketing campaigns
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Online reviews
- Packaging and labelling requirements
- Country and place of origin claims
- Pricing obligations including in respect of:
- Multiple pricing
- Requirements when offering discounts
- Price comparison advertising
- Bait advertising
- Consumer guarantees and drafting warranty documentation
- Product safety and facilitating national recalls
- Compliance reviews against mandatory standards
- Unfair contract terms
- Trade promotion lotteries
- Franchising and licensing
Our Commercial Law Team
From our Knowledge Base
With government restrictions set to lift, it is important that employers consider and plan for the practical issues that may arise with a return to the workplace. Some matters that will require consideration before employees return include: 1. Does your workplace have...
Covid-19 has undoubtedly changed your business in ways that no one could have anticipated. With so much unprecedented change, it is understandable if you’re hoping that the easing restrictions will mean the start of the long road back to some form of ‘business as...
One of the most frequently asked questions by both tenants and landlords concerns the type of information which should be provided by a tenant as part of a request for rent relief. There has been much confusion and concern as to what information is reasonable and...