Intellectual Property Law
Intellectual property (IP) is at the heart of most businesses in today’s commercial landscape. With the ever increasing globalisation of trade channels, including online, ensuring that your IP is protected, and is protected in the right markets, is paramount.
Before you commercialise your IP, you should ensure that your IP rights are protected. Protecting your IP involves a careful consideration of what IP rights you already have, what IP rights are available, determining what protections are required and making the appropriate applications.
An effective IP protection strategy is crucial to a successful business, particularly prior to expanding trade channels into international markets. A strong and secure IP adds tangible value to your business as those IP rights can be commercialised through licenses, franchises, assignments or even sold. A strong IP portfolio can also significantly increase the value of your business on sale.
At Kalus Kenny Intelex we have in-depth knowledge and experience when it comes to managing your IP assets. We regularly advise on a full spectrum of intellectual property issues, including brand protection and trade marks, copyright, licensing and intellectual property infringement and disputes.
Our strategic and commercial advice is always tailored to your individual business needs and goals.
Our Intellectual Property expertise includes:
- Trade Mark Searching
- Australian and International Trade Mark Registrations
- Trade Mark Portfolio Management & Renewals
- Domain Names Protection & Disputes
- Business Name Protection
- Trade Mark Infringements, Enforcement and Litigation
- Trade Mark Commercialisation & Licensing
- Filing and prosecuting Designs to certification
- Identifying the new and distinctive aspects of a Design
- Australian and international filings for domestic and international clients
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Registration renewals
- Advice on copyright subsistence, ownership, acquisition and licensing
- Preparing documentation proving ownership of copyright
- Copyright clearances and due diligence enquiries
- Assignments of copyright
- Infringements, Enforcement and Litigation
Commercialisation & Protection
- Corporate structuring for tax efficiency, risk management and investment
- Contractual arrangements, including licence agreements, supply and distribution agreements, and trading terms
- Confidentiality agreements to protect confidential information and trade secrets
- Franchising arrangements
Why choose Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers?
The Kalus Kenny Intelex Intellectual Property Team prides itself on understanding business from the inside out. We get that your IP is your brand identity and the very essence of what gives you a competitive advantage in business. For some businesses, the IP it owns can be its most valuable asset. Our job is to assist you in piecing together the intellectual property puzzle to ensure you are properly protected.
Experience is the difference.
Our Intellectual Property Law Team
Service Knowledge Base
We wish to update you on our exciting news! Kalus Kenny Intelex is moving to 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank. We will be the same firm but, after more than 25 years at the Como Centre in South Yarra, we are truly excited for our future in the transformed Southbank...
Have you considered how important your trade marks are to your business? Registering your trade marks has many benefits, from protecting your brand, making it easier to deal with infringing goods and services, and adding real value to your business. If you haven’t...
The laws around parallel imports are currently before Parliament for consideration and are likely to change. What is a parallel import? A parallel import is a genuine branded product (not a counterfeit), which has been manufactured and branded for sale overseas, but...
The ACCC is watching! Do you know your obligations in respect of food labelling? Businesses which import or produce packaged foods and then retail or wholesale those foods into the Australian market must comply with the new Country of Origin Food Labelling Standard...