Intellectual Property Law
An effective IP protection strategy is crucial to a successful business, particularly prior to expanding trade channels into international markets. A strong and secure IP adds tangible value to your business as those IP rights can be commercialised through licenses, franchises, assignments or even sold. A strong IP portfolio can also significantly increase the value of your business on sale.
At Kalus Kenny Intelex we have in-depth knowledge and experience when it comes to managing your IP assets. We regularly advise on a full spectrum of intellectual property issues, including brand protection and trade marks, copyright, licensing and intellectual property infringement and disputes.
Our strategic and commercial advice is always tailored to your individual business needs and goals.
Our Intellectual Property expertise includes:
- Trade Mark Searching
- Australian and International Trade Mark Registrations
- Trade Mark Portfolio Management & Renewals
- Domain Names Protection & Disputes
- Business Name Protection
- Trade Mark Infringements, Enforcement and Litigation
- Trade Mark Commercialisation & Licensing
- Filing and prosecuting Designs to certification
- Identifying the new and distinctive aspects of a Design
- Australian and international filings for domestic and international clients
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Registration renewals
- Advice on copyright subsistence, ownership, acquisition and licensing
- Preparing documentation proving ownership of copyright
- Copyright clearances and due diligence enquiries
- Assignments of copyright
- Infringements, Enforcement and Litigation
Commercialisation & Protection
- Corporate structuring for tax efficiency, risk management and investment
- Contractual arrangements, including licence agreements, supply and distribution agreements, and trading terms
- Confidentiality agreements to protect confidential information and trade secrets
- Franchising arrangements
Why choose Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers?
The Kalus Kenny Intelex Intellectual Property Team prides itself on understanding business from the inside out. We get that your IP is your brand identity and the very essence of what gives you a competitive advantage in business. For some businesses, the IP it owns can be its most valuable asset. Our job is to assist you in piecing together the intellectual property puzzle to ensure you are properly protected.
Experience is the difference.
Our Intellectual Property Law Team
Service Knowledge Base
Media Release - 26 August, 2020 Boutique law firm, Kalus Kenny Intelex, has announced the appointment of Natalie Lasek to the Partner group. Since joining KKI in 2016, Natalie, 33, has performed strongly at the Melbourne-based firm, achieving outstanding outcomes...
Progressive Melbourne-based boutique firm Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers has been welcomed into the prestigious International Lawyers Network (ILN) as the sole Australian firm in the network. As a leading international legal network, the ILN’s membership includes...
With another financial year behind us the KKI crew wanted to reach out to all of you, our dear clients and friends. But how different this time is from any other, and I’m not saying that just because I can’t go to the footy or the races with my son. In past years if I...
The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) has recently introduced its new online business service WIPO PROOF, which provides businesses with a reliable way to record the existence of their digital files at a given moment in time. All businesses, whether big...
In 2017 GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis were accused by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission of misleading consumers for over 5 years. The two companies admitted that “Osteo Gel” was marketed as being more effective in the treatment of osteoarthritis than a...