Just like you, the KKI Property team all share a passion and enthusiasm for all things ‘property’. We love that we deal with something tangible which we can see and feel. Nothing gives us a greater thrill than understanding our clients, building relationships with our clients and becoming a trusted advisor to our clients and referrers.
We believe that it is this shared passion and enthusiasm which sets us apart as one of Melbourne’s leading property law teams. Advising on some of Australia’s highest profile projects and transactions, we contribute to the success of transactions, no matter how large or complex. Whether you are a property developer, investor or financier, we will guide you through the maze of issues to produce great outcomes.
We are proactive not reactive. We are responsive to our clients and we are clear communicators. We bring these attributes to each and every property law matter.
A different type of Property lawyer.
Our Property Law legal expertise includes:
- Residential, commercial and industrial developments
- Complex funding and greenfield sites
- Drafting and executing commercial retail leases
- Sale and purchase of retail and commercial property
- Acting in major property transactions, including acquisition and sale of shopping centres, commercial office buildings, industrial properties, development sites and large landholdings
- Off-the-plan projects
- Owners Corporation issues
- Stamp duty, GST and other tax issues
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing for both landlords and tenants
- Land subdivisions
- Aged Care agreements for residents and owners
- Trust and structuring advice
- Construction contracts
- Lease and Contract Disputes
- Residential and commercial conveyancing
- Structured Finance
- Joint Ventures and Syndication
- Caravan Parks
Our Property Law services include:
- Sale/Purchase of Development Sites
- Redevelopment projects (residential, commercial, industrial and mixed use)
- Sale/Purchase of Commercial Office, Shopping Centres and Major Landholdings
- Leasing (Retail, Commercial and Industrial)
- Landowner Agreements, Joint Venture Agreement and Development Agreements
- Subdivision matters
- Tax advice (Stamp Duty, GST and GAIC)
- Owners Corporation matters
- Easements and Covenants (creation, variation and removal)
- Compulsory Acquisition
- Adverse Possession
- Conveyancing (residential and commercial)
Why choose Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers?
The broad skill set and depth of experience of the lawyers in the KKI Property team is a unique offering. At any one time, any of our Property lawyers can assist with any of our offered legal services. This enables us to operate dynamically to provide quick and succinct legal advice without needing to refer questions out to other team members.
Experience is the difference.
Our Property Law Team
Service Knowledge Base
Recent reforms to the Owners Corporations Act 2006 (“Act”), now offer some protection to residents and occupants of lots affected by an owners corporation where a lot is used for short-stay accommodation arrangements. The legislative provisions which came into effect...
We are acting for a builder that succeeded in making a claim for reasonable value of work done. The point of law is to be considered by the High Court later this year and has implications for all in the building and construction industry. The current state of the law...
Are you a landlord? With more than 130 changes made to the laws surrounding residential tenancies, you will be impacted. From pets and rent increases, to picture hooks and inspections, know where you stand. The reforms to the Residential Tenancy Act will be...
Is your lease being unfairly terminated? There is protection available. The equitable remedy of ‘relief against forfeiture’ protects tenants from landlords unfairly terminating leases and evicting them. What is forfeiture? Forfeiture is the act of a landlord...
Are you building? Make sure you budget for Protection Works. Under the Building Act 1993 (Vic) you are obligated to protect your neighbours’ properties from damage that could occur from building work on your property. Such “Protection Work” includes the underpinning...