Our team of highly experienced conveyancers are passionate about what they do. They understand that conveyancing can often be an emotional process for clients and pride themselves on keeping clients informed, being responsive and calmly guiding clients through the conveyancing journey.
The Conveyancing Process (Vendor)
We understand the key objective of our Vendor clients – to achieve a binding sale that proceeds to settle on the due date! Here are the key steps involved in acting for a Vendor:
- Step 1: Vendor’s instructions – Obtain the necessary information from the Vendor to enable the sale documents to be prepared.
- Step 2: Prepare Contract and s32 – Order the certificates required to prepare the vendor’s statement, carefully review the information in those certificates and prepare the contract of sale and vendor’s statement.
- Step 3: Negotiation and Execution – Assist the Vendor in negotiating amendments to the sale documents, ensure proper execution of the sale documents by the Purchaser and payment of the deposit by the Purchaser in accordance with the terms of the contract of sale and then arrange for execution by the Vendor.
- Step 4: Settlement Process – Serve a deposit release statement (if possible), review and approve adjustments, prepare and arrange for the signing of all documents required to effect the transfer of the property and attend settlement / arrange settlement on PEXA.
The Conveyancing Process (Purchaser)
We understand the key objective of our Purchaser clients – to ensure that they know and understand all information about the property so they can make an informed decision to purchase the property! Here are the key steps involved in acting for a Purchaser:
- Step 1: Review Contract – Carefully review the contract and vendor’s statement and provide advice to the Purchaser on any conditions requiring modification, unusual provisions or encumbrances or missing information/certificates.
- Step 2: Negotiate Amendments – Assist the Purchaser in negotiating any amendments to the sale documents.
- Step 3: Sign Contract and Pay Deposit – Arrange for execution of the sale documents by the Purchaser and payment of the deposit. Then ensure for proper execution of the sale documents by the Vendor.
- Step 4: Settlement Process – Prepare adjustments, prepare and arrange for the signing of all documents required to effect the transfer of the property, instruct the Purchaser to undertake its final inspection and attend settlement / arrange settlement on PEXA.
Why choose Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers?
The broad skill set and depth of experience of the lawyers in the KKI Property team is a unique offering. At any one time, any of our Property lawyers can assist with any of our offered legal services. This enables us to operate dynamically to provide quick and succinct legal advice without needing to refer questions out to other team members.
Experience is the difference.
Our Property Law Team
From our Knowledge Base
Are you a family day care provider and have been hit with a Notice of Cancellation of Provider Approval, or a Notice of Intention to Sanction by the Department of Education and Training? We understand the devastating effect this can have on your business. You might...
What happens when your brand ambassador goes rogue? Sponsorship arrangements can increase brand awareness and deliver a great return on investment for corporate sponsors. However, unsavoury behaviour by a brand ambassador can quickly tarnish the reputations of the...
Have you considered how important your trade marks are to your business? Registering your trade marks has many benefits, from protecting your brand, making it easier to deal with infringing goods and services, and adding real value to your business. If you haven’t...