Our team of highly experienced conveyancers are passionate about what they do. They understand that conveyancing can often be an emotional process for clients and pride themselves on keeping clients informed, being responsive and calmly guiding clients through the conveyancing journey.
The Conveyancing Process (Vendor)
We understand the key objective of our Vendor clients – to achieve a binding sale that proceeds to settle on the due date! Here are the key steps involved in acting for a Vendor:
- Step 1: Vendor’s instructions – Obtain the necessary information from the Vendor to enable the sale documents to be prepared.
- Step 2: Prepare Contract and s32 – Order the certificates required to prepare the vendor’s statement, carefully review the information in those certificates and prepare the contract of sale and vendor’s statement.
- Step 3: Negotiation and Execution – Assist the Vendor in negotiating amendments to the sale documents, ensure proper execution of the sale documents by the Purchaser and payment of the deposit by the Purchaser in accordance with the terms of the contract of sale and then arrange for execution by the Vendor.
- Step 4: Settlement Process – Serve a deposit release statement (if possible), review and approve adjustments, prepare and arrange for the signing of all documents required to effect the transfer of the property and attend settlement / arrange settlement on PEXA.
The Conveyancing Process (Purchaser)
We understand the key objective of our Purchaser clients – to ensure that they know and understand all information about the property so they can make an informed decision to purchase the property! Here are the key steps involved in acting for a Purchaser:
- Step 1: Review Contract – Carefully review the contract and vendor’s statement and provide advice to the Purchaser on any conditions requiring modification, unusual provisions or encumbrances or missing information/certificates.
- Step 2: Negotiate Amendments – Assist the Purchaser in negotiating any amendments to the sale documents.
- Step 3: Sign Contract and Pay Deposit – Arrange for execution of the sale documents by the Purchaser and payment of the deposit. Then ensure for proper execution of the sale documents by the Vendor.
- Step 4: Settlement Process – Prepare adjustments, prepare and arrange for the signing of all documents required to effect the transfer of the property, instruct the Purchaser to undertake its final inspection and attend settlement / arrange settlement on PEXA.
Why choose Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers?
The broad skill set and depth of experience of the lawyers in the KKI Property team is a unique offering. At any one time, any of our Property lawyers can assist with any of our offered legal services. This enables us to operate dynamically to provide quick and succinct legal advice without needing to refer questions out to other team members.
Experience is the difference.
Our Property Law Team
From our Knowledge Base
The full bench of the High Court of Australia considered an appeal to a point of law on Tuesday 14 May 2019 in Canberra. In the matter of Mann & Anor v. Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd – Case M197/2018, the High Court of Australia has considered a builder’s claim...
Phones, tablets and laptop computers have changed the way we live. Our mobile devices allow us to do almost anything ‘on the go’ – from online banking and working remotely – to online shopping and ordering the (occasional!) Uber eats delivery. Have you ever thought...
Your ‘My Health Record’ is a summary of your health information that can be accessed online by your doctor and other healthcare providers. Did you know that you can decide which healthcare providers can access your My Health Record, as well as what each healthcare...