Like sport itself, the business of sport is dynamic, emotionally charged and highly competitive.
With local and global experience in the sports and leisure sector, our sports law team supports professional and amateur sporting organisations, clubs/teams, athletes, sponsors and other key stakeholders in their pursuit for sporting and commercial success. We get your game.
Our Sports Law legal expertise includes:
- Organisational structuring
- Compliance and member protection obligations
- Integrity and judicial frameworks, policies and processes
- Sporting rules and regulations
- Crisis and risk management
- Commercial contracts and arrangements
- Sponsorship agreements
- Athlete/Talent engagement and management
- Advocacy and representation
- Intellectual property protection
- Property, including venue acquisition, use and disposal
- People & Culture, including employment, OH&S, impartial and compliant investigations, dispute resolution and performance management
- Designing and executing transformational change programs
- Media management and broadcast rights
- High performance programs and foundations
Our Sports Law clients include:
- National and State Sporting Organisations
- Governing/Sanctioning Bodies
- Peak Bodies/Associations
- Professional/Amateur Athletes
- Venue Owners (government and private)
- Event Managers
Why choose Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers?
When you are involved in the business of sport you need a team of professional advisors on your side.
You need to rely on lawyers who understand both the big picture and the complexities, regardless of where you are at in your game.
With over 30 years of experience in Commercial Law, our team are trusted advisors to some of Australia’s most successful sporting people. Understanding the complexities of business, family life, wealth and risk is our priority for all of our clients, and we pride ourselves on providing advice that is practical, commercial and strategic.
We get your game.
Our Sports Law Team
Service Knowledge Base
With another financial year behind us the KKI crew wanted to reach out to all of you, our dear clients and friends. But how different this time is from any other, and I’m not saying that just because I can’t go to the footy or the races with my son. In past years if I...
The return of sport at both the professional and community levels post the COVID-19 restrictions is a welcome return to a sense of normality. However, life is not as we knew it (and might not be for some time to come), so here are some pointers to avoid being caught...
As published in Auto Action magazine, edition 1787, 5 June 2020, pages 40-41. After providing an introduction to the role that legal advice plays in motor sport today in part one of this far ranging discussion, competitor and lawyer Sven Burchartz explains to Bruce...
What happens when your brand ambassador goes rogue? Sponsorship arrangements can increase brand awareness and deliver a great return on investment for corporate sponsors. However, unsavoury behaviour by a brand ambassador can quickly tarnish the reputations of the...
In the first of a two-part series, Sven Burchartz was interviewed by Auto Action magazine on his unique involvement in the motor sport industry, his experiences from both on and off the track, as well as the role law plays within the sport. As featured in Auto Action...