Like sport itself, the business of sport is dynamic, emotionally charged and highly competitive.
With local and global experience in the sports and leisure sector, our sports law team supports professional and amateur sporting organisations, clubs/teams, athletes, sponsors and other key stakeholders in their pursuit for sporting and commercial success. We get your game.
Our Sports Law legal expertise includes:
- Organisational structuring
- Compliance and member protection obligations
- Integrity and judicial frameworks, policies and processes
- Sporting rules and regulations
- Crisis and risk management
- Commercial contracts and arrangements
- Sponsorship agreements
- Athlete/Talent engagement and management
- Advocacy and representation
- Intellectual property protection
- Property, including venue acquisition, use and disposal
- People & Culture, including employment, OH&S, impartial and compliant investigations, dispute resolution and performance management
- Designing and executing transformational change programs
- Media management and broadcast rights
- High performance programs and foundations
Our Sports Law clients include:
- National and State Sporting Organisations
- Governing/Sanctioning Bodies
- Peak Bodies/Associations
- Professional/Amateur Athletes
- Venue Owners (government and private)
- Event Managers
Why choose Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers?
When you are involved in the business of sport you need a team of professional advisors on your side.
You need to rely on lawyers who understand both the big picture and the complexities, regardless of where you are at in your game.
With over 30 years of experience in Commercial Law, our team are trusted advisors to some of Australia’s most successful sporting people. Understanding the complexities of business, family life, wealth and risk is our priority for all of our clients, and we pride ourselves on providing advice that is practical, commercial and strategic.
We get your game.
Our Sports Law Team
Service Knowledge Base
Media Release - 26 August, 2020 Boutique law firm, Kalus Kenny Intelex, has announced the appointment of Natalie Lasek to the Partner group. Since joining KKI in 2016, Natalie, 33, has performed strongly at the Melbourne-based firm, achieving outstanding outcomes...
Progressive Melbourne-based boutique firm Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers has been welcomed into the prestigious International Lawyers Network (ILN) as the sole Australian firm in the network. As a leading international legal network, the ILN’s membership includes...
The new national sports integrity body, Sports Integrity Australia (SIA), commenced operation on 1 July 2020. What does SIA do? SIA brings together the functions of Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA), the National Integrity of Sport Unit (NISU), and...
With another financial year behind us the KKI crew wanted to reach out to all of you, our dear clients and friends. But how different this time is from any other, and I’m not saying that just because I can’t go to the footy or the races with my son. In past years if I...
The return of sport at both the professional and community levels post the COVID-19 restrictions is a welcome return to a sense of normality. However, life is not as we knew it (and might not be for some time to come), so here are some pointers to avoid being caught...