Like sport itself, the business of sport is dynamic, emotionally charged and highly competitive.
With local and global experience in the sports and leisure sector, our sports law team supports professional and amateur sporting organisations, clubs/teams, athletes, sponsors and other key stakeholders in their pursuit for sporting and commercial success. We get your game.
Our Sports Law legal expertise includes:
- Organisational structuring
- Compliance and member protection obligations
- Integrity and judicial frameworks, policies and processes
- Sporting rules and regulations
- Crisis and risk management
- Commercial contracts and arrangements
- Sponsorship agreements
- Athlete/Talent engagement and management
- Advocacy and representation
- Intellectual property protection
- Property, including venue acquisition, use and disposal
- People & Culture, including employment, OH&S, impartial and compliant investigations, dispute resolution and performance management
- Designing and executing transformational change programs
- Media management and broadcast rights
- High performance programs and foundations
Our Sports Law clients include:
- National and State Sporting Organisations
- Governing/Sanctioning Bodies
- Peak Bodies/Associations
- Professional/Amateur Athletes
- Venue Owners (government and private)
- Event Managers
Why choose Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers?
When you are involved in the business of sport you need a team of professional advisors on your side.
You need to rely on lawyers who understand both the big picture and the complexities, regardless of where you are at in your game.
With over 30 years of experience in Commercial Law, our team are trusted advisors to some of Australia’s most successful sporting people. Understanding the complexities of business, family life, wealth and risk is our priority for all of our clients, and we pride ourselves on providing advice that is practical, commercial and strategic.
We get your game.
Our Sports Law Team
Service Knowledge Base
What happens when your brand ambassador goes rogue? Sponsorship arrangements can increase brand awareness and deliver a great return on investment for corporate sponsors. However, unsavoury behaviour by a brand ambassador can quickly tarnish the reputations of the...
In the first of a two-part series, Sven Burchartz was interviewed by Auto Action magazine on his unique involvement in the motor sport industry, his experiences from both on and off the track, as well as the role law plays within the sport. As featured in Auto Action...
The new National Sports Tribunal (NST) may just be the forum that sports have been looking for to provide cost effective and independent dispute resolutions processes. The NST introduced by the Australian Government in response to the Report of the Review of...
Sven Burchartz has a unique personal understanding of motorsport and the automotive industry at all levels. In addition to being part owner in racing teams, vehicle manufacture and restoration businesses, he has competed at various levels including club, Australian...